Help Tail Light Gasket - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help Tail Light Gasket

Featured Replies

I need help in reference to the tail light gaskets. I just received them and both are the same. Both have a recessed area for the bolt/nut to go through. Would it make a difference if one of the gaskets (right side OK) left side is reversed, all holes match up and appear to be OK on the left side. Should I use contact spray to hold in place while installing them? Any help will be appreciated!!!

Randy

rbm260z

I have a 240 so I don't know about the 260 weather or not that they are sided or not. However dont use spray adheasive use a THIN coating of silicone sealer. This way it will seal real well and if you need to remove it some day it shouldnt tear .

Shouldn't be sided but just put a call in to where you got them to be sure. It didn't matter on my 280.

  • Author

Thanks Beandip, good advise!: :classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.