IGNORED

ZG Flares, how far do they extend the wheel arch?

Jayru

Hi All,

Can anyone with ZG flares tell me how far the wheel arch extends past stock? I want to get a set of the CF ZG flares, and i currently have 15x7 Koing Rewinds on my car. I will need to get spacers made to bring the wheels closer to the lip on the flares. Anyone know what size to get?

Do you have to cut the quarters to clearance the tires after the flares are installed?

Also, what's a good place to have quality spacers made? Anyone else offer the ZG flares cheaper than MSA?

Thanks for the help,

Jay

You should have about 1.5" of clearence past the stock wheel wells. You do have to cut the fender for clearence, not a big deal in the front but the rear will have to be cut and then the inner and outer fender rewelded together. A 7" wheel with big spacers pushing out the wheel, IMO, looks wierd. The inside of the wheel well is not filled out. More importantly the handeling of the car could be effected. You are better off getting a larger wheel with the right offset and width to fill out the inside and outside of the wheel well. A 16 or 17x8.5 -12 to -19 offset wheel with a 245 section tire front and rear would do the trick. If money is a problem then wait until you have more and do it right.

I didn't think that the spacers would have to be that big/push the wheels that far out?

I see your point if the wheels had a 6" spacer on them, but would a 1.5" spacer really look that rediculous/be that noticable on a 7" wheel?