IGNORED

POR15 Engine Enamel--which is best match for Datsun Blue?

dogma420

Hey Guys, howdy howdy.

I noticed that POR15 sells engine enamels, and I was thinking of giving their product a shot, cause everything I've bought from them has been gold.

I want to get the best match, but I'm not concerned about exactness in color.

Since I'm dumb when it comes to American blue colors, which of these would be a good match for the 72 240z block?

Cadillac Dark Blue

Chevrolet Blue

Chrysler Blue

Ford Blue

Ford Corporate Blue

Ford Medium Blue

These are from the options they have available for enamel colors.

Once again, I'm not looking for exactness; just very similiar so anyone (not a judge at a show) would think it looked nice.

Thanks for your opinions on which color to choose in advance.

Dupli-Color ENGINE ENAMEL #DE 1631 Chrysler Blue.

http://www.duplicolor.com

The above mentioned engine enamel would be "Very" near , but not "Exactly" the same. Above url for Duplicolor should give you a pretty good idea what it looks like. You would have to compare the POR-15 color chips to the Duplicolor #DE 1631 color chips to see which one will work for you...

webdawg1

Hi Dave. FYI, I just purchased two cans of exact match spray engine enamel custom mixed by Les at classic datsun in the San Diego area. A little expensive at $28 per can, but worth from my perspective. Don't know how the price compares to POR-15 however. If you ned to contact Les, here's his email address

les@classicdatsun.com

Hi Dave. FYI, I just purchased two cans of exact match spray engine enamel custom mixed by Les at classic datsun in the San Diego area. A little expensive at $28 per can, but worth from my perspective. Don't know how the price compares to POR-15 however. If you ned to contact Les, here's his email address

les@classicdatsun.com

I've been using Les's formulation for years (I've painted MANY datsun engines!) It applies fantasticly, I've never had a fish eye yet. It dries fast and lasts great. GET IT, BE HAPPY AND BE DONE with that part of your restore/refresh!

I've even used it on an engine, while installed with accessories. get cheap foam brushes at the hardware store. Spray Les's paint onto them and apply to the cleaned engine.