How do I restore these things.... - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How do I restore these things....

Featured Replies

Hey folks....

I just pulled off the corroded steel brake/clutch and fuel lines, and discovered the degree of dry rot in the rubber bushings which held the steel hard tubes to the body-wall mounting clips...No way can they be salvaged! Has anyone found a source for these rubber bits? Usual suspects don't have them in the catalogs...Ed, ZSaint, anyone who's completed a recent resto?

I've included an annotated pic of Ed's engine bay for clarification....

Thanks!

Steve

post-7009-14150796366627_thumb.jpg

The only place I've found them is in the salvage yard.

Parts car. MSA sometimes can supply stuff like this in good used condition.

Or try Danny's Datsuns, Eric Neyerlin @ ZPARTS.com, or Z Barn etc.

Tell you what, I'm hybriding my car with a sbc and I don't think I will need mine any more, if I can even find them laying around I'll let you know. They probably got tossed in the trash by my sisters boyfriend, who is helping me.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks for the help! I was hoping for new rubber, but looks like chances for that are slim...I'll call ZBarn et al and see if they have some quality used ones.

Chris, thanks for checking--whatever you've got will help!

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.