IGNORED

Cool global locator

GunnerRob

I recently discovered a cool locating globe I use to see what different areas around the globe look like. All you have to do is type in the location and it spins a satelite photo image of earth around and zooms in on your location. It's very easy to use, and has some pretty good resolution that is based on the popularity of the region. It also provides a way of "thumbtacking" locations, as well as creating a list, for easy retrieval of previously searched locations.

I thought since we have a global membership, this might be something we could use to see what the areas where each of us lives looks like.

The link below will take you to the page where you can download (save) or install (run) the plugin into your computer.

I am using DSL rated at 356 kb download and it works very well, so I don't know how well it'll work on dail up.

Here's the link: http://earth.google.com/