Sunroof - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sunroof

Featured Replies

Was A Sunroof A Factory Option Or Aftermarket?

Stricktly aftermarket, whether a dealership installed it or not.

There was a company out of Anaheim California called "Z-Lid" by Chas. Anybody remember them? The Scarab has one and it's really quite neat. I wish I had a scanner, I'd upload all the literature on it.

Here's the specs...

Roof opening 24 in. x 37.5 in.

Lid weight approx. 12 lbs.

FWIW

Vicky

  • 2 weeks later...

Somewhere buried, I've got Z-lid literature. The problem with all the 240Z sunroofs (and yes, they were all aftermarket) is that the car wasn't designed for them and they tended to flex - and leak - as well as weaken any rollover support until you installed a rollbar. One of the neatest installations ever was a rollbar I got for my '72 240 (HLS30-53332, which replaced my '70 HLS30-01455). It took up no usable space in the hatch compartment, yet stiffened the chassis considerably and improved handling.

  • 1 year later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

When I was younger a remember seeing at least two metal roll back type sunroof Zs. They appeared to be factory to me.

  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.