IGNORED

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hrududu

Ok, So i'm on my way home today, and some kid in his brand new Hyundai Tiburon GT thinks his car is faster than mine. Naturally he finds out its not LOL . Unfortunately, this comes at a cost to me. I get home to find out my Fuel Pressure Regulator dripping gas. I was hoping it was just one of the hoses connecting to it that cracked, becuase I can not find anywhere on the regulator itself that appears craked. Unfortunately, after replacing all the hoses gas is still dripping off of it. So I looked at MSA and VB and both have replacements for $60+ plus shipping, and a special order one from Autozone is $42. Is this something I can pull off of a parts car? I'm still recovering from the heater valve that I ordered 3 weeks ago (which still hasn't come BTW) and would rather not have to fork over another $60. Would this be a foolish thing to do? or would it be okay, assuming the used one is clean and appears in good shape. If I shouldn't use it, does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?

A simple search on this club site turned up this: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18449&highlight=Fuel+Pressure+Regulator This thread is only a few days old.

I can understand the need for conversation at times by not looking for answers yourself, but like the old saying goes, "God helps those who help themselves".

I cant see how you could say they seldom go back when it is a rubber diaphram that is vacumn operated and has been on a car that has high underhood temps for 25+ years.

They do go bad, and if you are having a leak at the FPR I would definetly say it is bad. Dont go to MSA or VB, get it locally. Cheaper and faster, plus it comes with a warranty.

If you do have a parts car, and you think the FPR is good on that car then use it to replace your defective one.

I cant see how you could say they seldom go back when it is a rubber diaphram that is vacumn operated and has been on a car that has high underhood temps for 25+ years.

They do go bad, and if you are having a leak at the FPR I would definetly say it is bad. Dont go to MSA or VB, get it locally. Cheaper and faster, plus it comes with a warranty.

If you do have a parts car, and you think the FPR is good on that car then use it to replace your defective one.

In my experience, they seldom go bad. I have never had one personally go bad and the only one I have personally seen go bad was damaged by the person working on the car.