Fuel Pressure Regulator - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Featured Replies

Ok, So i'm on my way home today, and some kid in his brand new Hyundai Tiburon GT thinks his car is faster than mine. Naturally he finds out its not LOL . Unfortunately, this comes at a cost to me. I get home to find out my Fuel Pressure Regulator dripping gas. I was hoping it was just one of the hoses connecting to it that cracked, becuase I can not find anywhere on the regulator itself that appears craked. Unfortunately, after replacing all the hoses gas is still dripping off of it. So I looked at MSA and VB and both have replacements for $60+ plus shipping, and a special order one from Autozone is $42. Is this something I can pull off of a parts car? I'm still recovering from the heater valve that I ordered 3 weeks ago (which still hasn't come BTW) and would rather not have to fork over another $60. Would this be a foolish thing to do? or would it be okay, assuming the used one is clean and appears in good shape. If I shouldn't use it, does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?

If you have access to a parts car, try it. Like I said in the other thread, they seldom go bad.

I cant see how you could say they seldom go back when it is a rubber diaphram that is vacumn operated and has been on a car that has high underhood temps for 25+ years.

They do go bad, and if you are having a leak at the FPR I would definetly say it is bad. Dont go to MSA or VB, get it locally. Cheaper and faster, plus it comes with a warranty.

If you do have a parts car, and you think the FPR is good on that car then use it to replace your defective one.

  • Author

I got one off a 75 Z and it works fine. He charged me $20 for it, but at least it works. Got the car up and running the next day.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I cant see how you could say they seldom go back when it is a rubber diaphram that is vacumn operated and has been on a car that has high underhood temps for 25+ years.

They do go bad, and if you are having a leak at the FPR I would definetly say it is bad. Dont go to MSA or VB, get it locally. Cheaper and faster, plus it comes with a warranty.

If you do have a parts car, and you think the FPR is good on that car then use it to replace your defective one.

In my experience, they seldom go bad. I have never had one personally go bad and the only one I have personally seen go bad was damaged by the person working on the car.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.