Floats & gaskets available from NAPA?? - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Floats & gaskets available from NAPA??

Featured Replies

I seem to remember someone saying they got a float rebuild kit from NAPA a couple of years ago. Anyone know if they are still available?

I called NAPA. They said they have a huge book on carb parts, but would need the carb model #. I don't have that info with me at work. Anyone know the model number of the SU's on a stock '71 240Z?

I was hoping to at least get some float bowl gaskets locally so I would not have to wait on shipments from far away suppliers.

TIA,

Marty

  • Author

Thanks alot Chris.

That should help zero in on it.

Marty

Good luck Marty. I'd help you if I was there! :classic:

Chris

  • Author

I just got off the phone with NAPA.

A gasket kit for this carb is $17.49, their P/N 2-1279

A float is $12.99, their P/N 2-505 (No gasket, you have to order the above part)

Jeez, I thought NAPA would be cheaper than the dealer and quicker than MSA & VB. I did a search on the site which said VB charges $12.49 for a carb rebuild kit.

I think I'll see what the dealer's prices are.

Marty

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

My carb kit from VB was like $20. I have found that when I go to Napa or any parts house, they have to order the parts just as I do. Only difference is, they can get them a few days earlier than me. Other difference is, I have to spend 20-30 minutes explaining to them HOW to use the books and that the part I want won't be in the computer. They aren't very bright and it's ALWAYS easier for me to look up the part myself, and order from a supplier who helps support my hobby.

I guess it depends on the store. The Napa I used to deal with in Ontario, Ca,, when I lived in Fontana, was very knowledgable. And on top of that, they are one of the west coast warehouses so if they didn't have it in the store it was back in one of the stockrooms.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.