IGNORED

Monterey Historical Races

240ZX

FYI, At the end of this month Laguna Seca is hosting the Historical races. The marque this year is the Chaparell (spelling?). Check out the Laguna Seca web site for details. These historical races are a hoot!

I'll be there in the corral with my Z. Are you going 240zx? This will be the second time I have been to the Montery historics. It is the best venue that I have been to for classic european cars in action. When I was there in 2001, I was looking at a Gullwing Mercedes along with Jay Leno. I wish I had said something to him. Ah well. I am really looking forward to this years event. The Can-Am cars are going to be awesome. I hope the Chaparell with the vaccum is there. I have heard great stories about that car. Anyways, I hope to see some club members there. :)

-Ben

Ben, I am planning on going for at least one day, likely saturday, but you know how plans can change. I'll look for your 260. I'll be driving my 240. By the way, who is managing the corral this year?

I bought my tickets through Mark Davey who is in Zonc, and I believe Ron Fuller of Zonc is also running the corral too. Talk to them. You can buy tickets from them for the same price as through the Rolex historics, but you get the corral passes if you buy them through Zonc. I hear that we have the second best spot in the corral.

-Ben

I'll be there - I think this will be my 10th year attending... gotta check...

My friend Dave with the flat black Z will be there too.

We're both caravan'ing up from LA although we don't yet know when we're going to drive up be it Friday morning/midday or EARLY saturday morning.

We'll be taking the 101 all the way up into Salinas.

-e