You can never have enough tools :D - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

You can never have enough tools :D

Featured Replies

Just purchased this Pickle Fork set off the tool guy today where I work so I can begin the big fight at home with my ball joints and tie rod ends. I can barely wait to tackle it LOL

Hopefully they won't be a pain in the a$$ to separate :paranoid:

105153873.jpg

The easiest part of replacing my ball joints was removing them with what you have there. The best part is you get to wack on something with a hammer and are actually doing a job correctly!

  • Author
LOL yeah. Mine should be easy as well. Did you do the alignment yourself afterwords?

I have a ball joint tool and a tie rod tool that attaches to my air hammer. Makes the job a breeze! I would suggest an alignment any time you change a suspension component. Unfortunately I don't have an alignment machine (or a tire changer or a wheel balancer for that matter). Wish I did but I could never get such a purchase past the wife.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

At least you bought good quality. I had a Lisle and a cheap china fork. The china steel(?) disentagrated before the joint separated, whilst the Lisle is still ready for the next job

Did you make sure they're Metric? :ermm: :devious:

E

HA

You're killing me :)

  • Author

Yep, I know an alignment is necessary. I too don't have the equipment at home needed to perform the alignment so what did you guys end up doing? Did you have to take it in to an alignment shop?

Yep, I know an alignment is necessary. I too don't have the equipment at home needed to perform the alignment so what did you guys end up doing? Did you have to take it in to an alignment shop?

Yup.......

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.