71 Fuel Pump Wiring - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

71 Fuel Pump Wiring

Featured Replies

I spent the last 30min searching the forums for the solution

to the little problem I am having and have not really found a

answer.

I put a electric fuel pump in my 71 and used the wiring that

is in the car for a electric fuel pump. I have the fuel pump

connected to the existing wires for a electric fuel pump that

are at the tank sending unit. The - wire that is in the harness

is grounded to the chassis at some point. The + wire goes

to a T plug that was taped to the wire harness behind the

radio with blue tape. At this time there is no battery in the

car and I am running the fuel pump off of a 12V power source

connected to the T connector behind the radio and grounded

to the chassis.

The car has not been running in 6 years so I installed a electric

fuel pump with a filter before it and a filter up front and I am

pumping Kerosene out and back in to the tank to clean it up.

I will leave the fuel pump and filters and use them once I get

the car running.

My questions are

1)Where does the other wire go that is in the T connector?

2)Did the dealer use a relay and where was it?

3)Where was the fuse they used (In Line?)

I want to use as much of the factory wiring as I can in this

conversion.

Dave , whow , the wire that powers the pump is a solid green wire. The best person that knows the wireing inside and out is escanslon . send him him a P m and he will be able to help. Gary

Dave , whow , the wire that powers the pump is a solid green wire. The best person that knows the wireing inside and out is escanlon . send him him a P m and he will be able to help. Gary

Dave , whow , the wire that powers the pump is a solid green wire. The best person that knows the wireing inside and out is escanlon . send him him a P M and he will be able to help. Gary

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.