What is "J" and "JJ"? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What is "J" and "JJ"?

Featured Replies

Over the past year, I've been trying to educate myself on wheel fittments. But I sill don't know what the "J" or "JJ" size definitions mean. I think it has something to do with brake caliper clearence, But I'm not sure. My 15X7 SSR MKII's are a "J", whilst the Advan A3A 14X6's on the Roadster are "JJ"'s

Que es?

Hi Victor,

The J and JJ refer to the rim profile. If you cut the wheel horizontally through the centre you would see a profile of the section where the tyre bead sits on the rim. I think the JJ was an early safety rim designation, after the "J" style, and had a raised profile on the inside of the tyre bead to help hold it in place in the event of deflation. I can't find anything to confirm this yet but in the meantime here's a good site to browse

Jim.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.