Choke 'em Webers! - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Choke 'em Webers!

Featured Replies

I apologize for not looking too far into this forum but just to make things quicker... I own a '71 240Z with an L28 using triple webers. I was wondering if anyone has any hints or pictures showing the easiest way to hook up the choke cables. Thanks everyone.

I'm sticking my neck out here but, do the webers even have a choke?

They should have a "choke", I think they call it an encrichment circuit, unless they were removed for racing.

I don't have mine hooked up. Never needed them. For cold start, turn on fuel pump, wait a few seconds, pump the gas pedal 5 times. Ignition!

I think that's the way most people do it.

I have a choke on the 40DCOE that's on my 320 pickup. I think they do refer to it as an 'enricment circuit'. I looks kind of like a minature carbureator within the actual carbureator. I just pull the choke and hit the key for a cold start. If your webers have it, I would recommend hooking it up as it does help cold starts and you can gradually push it in the engine warms while you are driving.

I bought a control cable from McMaster Carr and adapted it to the original choke lever. The original cables can be made to work but they look and are jerry rigged to say the least. The cable I bought was longer than I needed so I was able to cut to fit. Needless to say this is a mod as you go type of thing and you have to be able and prepaired to make things work.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

my 240z has webers, or atleast for a couple more weeks untill the 350 goes in. I'll take a pic if i go home anytime soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.