IGNORED

Motorsport Auto - 2002 Kick Off Party

Mike

The MSA 2002 Kick Off Party was a great success. Although Dan and I showed up a little late (a few accidents on the highway and the opening of the new Spider Man movie), we had a great time and met a lot of people.

The guys behind Sport Z Magazine were there and I had a chance to talk with them about the magazine and their plans for the future.

I also had a chance to talk with the guys from Hybrid Z about their suspension modifications. They even brought a few of their parts for us to look at during the party.

The party was held at a warehouse which had been turned into an indoor cart race track. The facility, which name escapes me at the moment, was top notch. Every participant was required to wear a full racing suit as well as a helmets and gloves. The carts were 2-stroke based and were pretty impressive little units. I think someone at the show said, "Hey, this damn cart cost more than my Z!"

I also met a few other members of the site as well as other vendors, whom I can't remember at this particular moment. (sorry guys)

I also talked with a few of the guys from MSA and they agreed to have me as a guest 'employee' of MSA for a day. Thanks guys!! I'll be able to attend the racing on Saturday.

I even brought my new digital camcorder, so, you guys can expect to see tons of pictures as soon as I get them uploaded to the site.

So, hang tight and check back for another report on Saturday.

-- Moderator Mike

Yea it was me that said " that damn cart cost me than my Z". One of the display carts was like 3 grand and i paid 2 for my humble Z. ). Yea i was late because of a couple accidents and the border partrol doing searches (i got a bit lost too). We would of been even later because Mike couldn't get the key card that operated his hotel room door to work. I stepped in and saved the day though, it was the least i could do. It was alot of fun meeting all the Z heads especially the Hybrid guys. Mike and i were shown an adjustable rear control arm that one of the Hybrid Z guys had made. Mike liked it so much he wouldn't let go of it :D. Alot of fun though and it was good to meet some of the guys from the club. I won't be there Saturday but will zip up for the show on Sunday to hang out and get my Z fix.

Okay, well I wasn't gonna say anthing about who's fault it was about the 'lateness' but you said it... not me. :)

In all reality, there was no way to control the traffic in the San Diego and Los Angeles area. What a huuuuge pain in the arse. Driving around in those areas is a mess. You should have seen us trying to find the banquet. I thought it was a scavenger hunt every time we went out to a new event. Heh..

"First, take highway XX. Take that northbound until you reach highway xx. Now take that southbound until you see highway xx. Take exit xx and follow that until you get to XX street. Turn right and then make another left on street xx. Get back on highway xx and cut across the main drag. You'll see it on the right. See what? *IT*"

Hmmm...

Oh ya, the keycard thing. Leave it to the Navy Cop to use brute force when the Engineer can't figure out how to get the keycard into the slot correctly. LOL

And, that rear control arm was great. Mike Kelly is doing a fantastic job on those. If I start racing, that's exactly where I'm gonna go.