IGNORED

Time for a rebuild!

zoe the z

I am doing the whole restoration process because I am scarred to death of rust. I really can't wait to take the car all apart and get rid of any oxidation and rot. I mean it’s the cars worst enemy. Seeing rust on her is like an open wound, or as we all say, cancer.

Like Schevets said, do what is necessary first, and add the other stuff later.

I can see that you are concerned about the rust. This thread is not about rust repair. Dont Hi-jack the therad . Post your own question or problem . This gets us all off track . Thanks Gary

I'm thinking that im starting to save my money...i have a check in hand that would give me $1300 more in funds if it is real and actually goes through, so i have decided it is time for the rebuild.

I'm thinking these will be the steps...

1.Flat tops Pistons & rings

2.Stage III cam kit from MSA

3.Fuel pressure regualator

4.cold air & k&n filter

5. electric fan

6.New gaskets

That is what i have in my basket right this second but this is my first rebuild and i had some questions... Like bigger valves?? in a rebuild like im talking about should bigger valves be on my list...and if so how much would it cost?

I want to do this right...so anybody that wants to teach me anything about anything comment. I'm looking to run around 14.5ish so if you know of anything that would help you let me know i hope to get some good information thank you.

...im a 18 year old kid you want to learn about the world...but wants to start with z's.

joshua james aguirre

what Ed posted is good info and words to live by . At least hone the cylinders along with the head work and tank the block. Unless you are building a all out race engine and not for the street , you might rethink the cam . Going to aggresive on the cam will make the car unresponsive at the low end and miserable at launch . If you are looking for a car to drive on the streets , look for a cam that will start the power band at a lower RPM other wise the 3 stage , you will need to be up in the 2500 to 3k before it gets it on. Gary