Looking for a source to supply pistons for 3.0 280ZX - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for a source to supply pistons for 3.0 280ZX

Featured Replies

Who is a reasonable supplier of L6 pistons? I have a set of pistons that the engine builder "mocked up" and told me the pistons were at deck height. When he put it together he said the piston is down in the bore .050!!! He calculated the cr to be 9.3 and now he says it will be 8.1. It will be perfect for a turbo but I have no such plans.

I do not want to spend $600 on a set of custom forged pistons. I am happy with a good cast piston. What do you guys recommend?

specs: 87.5 mm bore with a 83 mm stroke = 2995 cc

Zsaint,

Have you considered looking at Rebello Racing (#925-682-0103)? They have a good reputation for building L6 engine, as well as others. They can give you some options and supply you what you need. I am over here in England and thats where I sourced my pistons/cam. And mine are cast rather than forged.

Cheers

Ian

  • Author

Thanks for the info. I will call Dave and see what he recommends and what he has.

ZSaint post the information you find out. There might be others looking for larger size pistons. Thankz

  • Author

The info I have says a "LZ22S" 87mm piston will fit with 9.4 cr. What the heck is this Nissan? A truck? EN1 know what this designation is?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.