IGNORED

New convertible

280zvert

My wife bought a new 1978 280Z at Bellevue Washington in Nov.1978. It is a convertible and their were 3 additional conversions on the lot at that time. Has anyone heard of or seen any of these cars?

We just took it out of storage after 19 years and got it running last week. All new brakes, clutch cylinders and a cleaned gas tank and new hoses. Still looking to replace tires. Have some body work and paint to do. Let me tell you If you need to do something for your wife this does wonders. But I did work on my 1976 Corvette before I started her project.

It was suprising how little it took to get it back on the road. Engine turned over ok and we had it running on the second day. BG44K injector cleaner is the way to go. The convetible top is missing anyone have any suggestions?

Is the Z a rag-top or did it come with a removeable hard-top? (I'm guessing since it's missing, it's a hard-top). There is a member on this site, 2-4-T-Z-Man, who also has a beautiful convertable Z. Maybe you could pm him with any info you are requesting.

Vicky

I'm thinking the TR-6 top can be made to fit. Watch e-bay there is a group selling the conversion, check their web site they have info on the top though they do not supply one. I think this is the same conversion that was done in the 70's.