IGNORED

Rear Control Arm Bushings

ego2511

Hi Peeps,

Mmm just wana know how many bushings are there in the rear control arm, i.e for both left & right... is it 8? Do u have pictures regarding the above matter? & what do u call this thing (in the picture attached) i need to change its bushings but i dunno the name

post-5268-14150794858712_thumb.jpg

Hi David

Well there are still 4 "bushings" in each place, it's just that the 4 PU inner, and 4 PU outer bushings each need to be assembled, from a total of 16 pieces of PU.

He didn't mention PU or aftermarket, so for simplicity I just gave the OEM part answer.

Did you get the Bob and Tom "Beach Boys" parody video that I sent?

Hi David

Well there are still 4 "bushings" in each place, it's just that the 4 PU inner, and 4 PU outer bushings each need to be assembled, from a total of 16 pieces of PU.

He didn't mention PU or aftermarket, so for simplicity I just gave the OEM part answer.

Yup im going for urethane upgrades,so referring to zCarparts.com,

Urethane Control Arm Bushing Kit, 70-78 Z Rear

Code: 23-4137 <--- does this includes all 16 pieces? and is 16 pieces for the left and right rear arm?or do i have to purchase 2set of these for the left and right rear arm which makes that 32 pieces? & together with the Urethane Differential Mustache Bar Bushing Kit (which has 2 bushings) that would sums up to 18 or 34 pieces altogether?Is that right?

Anyway thanx Guys :D

I have bought from them, and my "kit" #23-4137 provided all of the bushings for both sides of the rear suspension. They sell 2 kits. One for FRONT suspension #23-4136 and one for REAR suspension #23-4137.

Two pieces of Polyeurethane make up each contgrol arm "bushing". Just make sure the kit covers Inner and Outer bushings. Total of 16 pieces of Polyeurethane would cover both sides of the rear. One FRONT and one REAR kit should do it for the whole car.

Then you need the Mustache bar bushings, again one kit should have all you need.