IGNORED

Reference Pics - My new Z31 water cooled turbo !! =)

PrOxLaMuS©

Well i finally got my water-cooled Z31 turbo in the mail!! Yay!!

Anyway.. I needed to re-clock the turbo, because the intake outlet of the turbo was pointing straight up, so I re-clocked it, and I have to find a good place to bolt the waste-gate actuator on.. so I got an L-Bracket for that.

I realize I may have to get a new down-pipe since the 300ZX downpipe won't fit..... but here are the pics...

I DO have a question though.. how the heck do I bolt up my coolant lines to that bolt?? It's a hollow bolt with holes as shown in the picture... what kind of fitting do I use?

(I searched for hours and hours and never found any good reference pics of the oil inlet and outlet fittings.. and what was the water-cooled section???)

BLUE maybe you can use it as a reference

So here's some :

330795_138_full.jpg

330795_133_full.jpg

330795_134_full.jpg

330795_135_full.jpg

330795_136_full.jpg

330795_139_full.jpg

330795_132_full.jpg

I know nothing about turbos, but that bolt with a hole is probably part of what is called a banjo fitting... Most often seen on flex brake lines, and all of the weber carb setups I've seen have used banjo fittings for fuel inlets. Hope that helps...

Ajax,

Clean up and replate, or replace, that bolt before putting it in service-and either thoroughly cleanup or replace the oil lines-any crud lets loose and oil gets blocked, toasting in the turbo (COKING) sending the sleeve bearings on the journey to the bearing graveyard.

Don't over look the extra heat that water cooled turbo will be placing on the radiator-the stock 240Z radiator just won't do.

Will