IGNORED

Delco ECU?

san_maru_zed

Just wondering what sort of work is required in making a Delco ECU work on an L28E?

The kalmaker software used to tune it, is that free or not ?

I have read a bit on megasquirt and it seems like it could be a good deal, but the delco is a homegrown item and could be picked up quite easily (and possibly cheaper).

Although not wanting to spend lots of money on the performance pit that is the L28, with a tunable ECU its something that you could take across to other engines (in theory) if need be.

The kalmaker software is not free IIRC. I'd suggest doing a search over at PF as it's been discussed there heaps (some of the info may be missing since it was hacked though). If you can't find much, post up in the ECU section as there are a few ppl that are quite knowledgeable on this topic.

I am converting my L28WET to A GM 1227749 ecm.

It takes tons of time, about $1000us (including a laptop), and a mess of parts from the GM donor car and the Nissan donor car. I am working on a complete and detailed conversion manual, and hope to have it all done by the MSA show at the end of april.

Will

Another viable option would be to keep it in the family and change to something like a nissan ECU. The RB20DET ECCS ECU would be perfect. Cheap as chips, remappable etc. If you have the gear you can DIY, or there are plenty of places around down south that have the gear to remap the nissan ECUs. There's plenty of .bin (the contents of the ECUs EEPROM) files for various nissan engines in various states of modification out there on the net. I'm sure you could find something that would be a good base to get it running at least.