Original carpet - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Original carpet

Featured Replies

In my '72 I have the rear carpet that has a loop pile style but it has many rips in it. I bought a part car this summer, complete original '71 that has been garaged for the last 26 years. The rear carpet is a little faded but intact and it's more like short brush style. I suspect this is the original style. Anybody can tell me which is the good one ?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

"Which is the good one ?"

LOOP = Original Style

BRUSH (Cut Pile) = Easier to clean (in my opinion), and feels better in bare feet.

2¢

Enrique

  • Author

Well. Maybe I'm wrong when I think mine is cut pile. Take a look at these pics of mine and give me your opinion.

post-7137-1415079450734_thumb.jpg

post-7137-14150794507849_thumb.jpg

Can't tell from the pictures.

Brush (Cut Pile) push the fibers to one side. If they are "individual" or "brushes" then it's cut pile.

Loop, again push fibers to one side, the yarn used will be in an obvious LOOP.

Enrique

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.