IGNORED

New 240K coupe owner introduction

Mobsta

G'day everyone,

I think it's about time that i introduce myself. I've been reading this forum for quite a while but haven't bothered to post anything, but i'm about to start work on my 240K.

I bought my coupe from fellow member James (JMT240KGTR) a couple of months ago. I'm now planning on replacing the L24 and 3-speed auto with the L28 and 5-speed man. that came with the purchase. The motor will recieve a bit of attention, with plans to change the pistons, get the head shaved, some mild porting, twin 240Z SU carbys, cam, etc. etc.

After that I'll start on the body. My overall plan (pipe dream, maybe) is to re-do the front end (bonnet/guards) in fibreglass with flares incorporated into the fronts and grafted onto the rear guards (sorry, but I'm not a big fan of the bolt on flares unless they're done very well). Once all that's been done I wanna paint it gloss black and fit some nice Panasport rims.

So that's the begining of my plan. no doubt it will be a long, painfull and very expensive procedure and made even harder because it's my daily driver, but hopefully it will end up looking and driving great.

This is my first car, and therefore my first project, so I look forward to getting lots of info from everyone. By the way, if anyone needs any bits and pieces I've got a few boxes of things that came with the car, and soon I'll need to get rid of my L24.

Cheers, Jesse.

Welcome, i enjoyed hearing your plans. I think its interesting to hear what eveyone aims to do with their car - a fair few of us here seem to be going down the gtr replica path which is fantastic [id do it if i could], but its great youve decided to do your own thing a bit. If only I could get my hands on a coupe...

Tom

Hi Jesse-

Nice plans, something a bit different. Black will definitely look great, it'll really show up all the chrome. Having guards flush with the bodywork is not to my tastes, but is not bad. I have attached a picture for you. In black you would hardly notice if they're bolt-on or not anyway, but the "smoothness" of the flares without pop-rivets might come out in the highlights much better....

Strangely, I dont have a picture of a black hardtop! ...Michael? :P

post-1243-14150794493542_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150794493792_thumb.jpg

post-1243-1415079449404_thumb.jpg

Lachlan; Of course I have one :) All my pictures are stored on my brother's drive and the network is playing up a bit so I might have to go all budget and get a floppy disk... manual labour.. how rude :D

Out of curiosity Jesse, didn't James' car come with a set of bolt-on flares? are you going to use them as a guide in your setup or not at all? I'd really really like them if you would be willing to have them shipped to NZ, I'm fairly certain I asked James if I could buy them before he sold the car but he said they were going with it. Being you got the car, and might not be using them... hint hint. :)

Note: This black C110 is how I want mine to look except I will have gunmetal flares, a front chin spoiler and gunmetal grille. It will look AWESOME! :beard:

post-4758-14150794494357_thumb.jpg

post-4758-14150794494617_thumb.jpg

Gidday Jesse.

Many have thought about getting rid of the old motor once it's not needed. However, if you have the room to store it, then you might have a better chance of selling the car (one day you will) if it has the original engine. People how are interested in "matching numbers" will be turned away.

So if you can, store it in your garage. Search the forums on "how to store a engine" about lubing it up first.

Welcome to the club. I don't have a GTR but I'm into anything Datsun.

Tom, I think that's just a reflection of some stuff (unless you mean the bonnet clips). But damn that paint is like a mirror, I cant tell!

Such an awesome car, I had not seen these pics before. All he needs to do now is invest in some tyre-shine ROFL I can't say I'm a fan of those wheels on this car though. Would prefer more black.

Good thought James, I don't think I'd replace my trusty engine for a while yet but when/if I do, I'll make sure to read up on these topics. Finding space for the engine may not be easy though!