IGNORED

Left hand drive KGC10? 2400GT?

g72s20

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jorge, I found this forum just by coincidence and was interested by the questions and answers around the LHD C10.

By the way, I was very much impressed by your story and pictures of your new old Nissan! Congratulations, and I hope that you can conserve it for many years. Some time ago I owned the exactly identical car/colour (LHD 1972) of which I was very proud of. I bought it back in 1980 and kept it for 9 years until I had to destroy it due to rost.

I am sure that I can find some old pictures - if yes, I will upload them.

Best wishes - URS

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jorge, I found this forum just by coincidence and was interested by the questions and answers around the LHD C10.

By the way, I was very much impressed by your story and pictures of your new old Nissan! Congratulations, and I hope that you can conserve it for many years. Some time ago I owned the exactly identical car/colour (LHD 1972) of which I was very proud of. I bought it back in 1980 and kept it for 9 years until I had to destroy it due to rost.

I am sure that I can find some old pictures - if yes, I will upload them.

Best wishes - URS

Hello.

It's sad that your 2400GT had to be destroid...:cry:

There are so many few left in the world....

By the way, have you keeped the door badges and the letters NISSAN ?

They are missing on my car, I would gladly buy them from you, if you have them...

Just let me know :)

Regards

Jorge

in the whole middle east ( approximately 40 countries) only two (( 2 )) C10 - 2400 gt

are left a live ... both of them are in Kuwait owned by one man . ( red & Silver )

another old man in saudi arabia has about 30 cars but unfortunately all of them. are 1800 Delux . 4 cylender live axle.

Edited by skyc110

Hello Jorge, you are right - before I destroyed my Nissan I kept all the badges and signs of the car. So far, I was not able to find them - however, they should be around - give me a bit more time.

Regards, URS

Hello.

That would be fantastic ! LOL

I will buy them from you, since it's the only flaw in my car ( some bastard stole them from the previous owner ) :mad:

Please contact me directly to my email : bmw1971@gmail.com

Kind Regards

Jorge

• 1 month later...
Hello Jorge, you are right - before I destroyed my Nissan I kept all the badges and signs of the car. So far, I was not able to find them - however, they should be around - give me a bit more time.

Regards, URS

Hello.

Any news on this, Swiss Nissan ?

BTW, does anyone have these badges to sell ?

Regards

Jorge

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

WOW !

I've just saw this tread after some months, and another 2400Gt is alive, altough this one needs quite a lot of TLC.....

If you need any info from me, like pictures of the all car, inside and outside, just let me know.

I will help as much as i can, so that you can manage to rebuilt the car.

In the mean while, if you quit I will be happy to buy the car as spares for my car, just let me know.

Kind Regards

Jorge

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice to see these Skylines all over the world. I have a 69 RHD GC10 in Okinawa Japan.:love:

Going way way back in this thread.... left hand drive domestic (Japanese) cars were made and sold in the Okinawa part of Japan in the early 70's.

This was not done just for the military bases....well not specifically anyways. Sort of indirectly in a way. Basically, Okinawa was kind of under US military control. Japanese citizens actually needed passports to come to Okinawa. Okinawans needed passports to go to the mainland. Currency for Okinawa was issued by the US, Local police were actually MP's

Most roads in Okinawa after WW2 were built by the US Army Corp of Engineers. Being Americans, they made the roads like they were back home. Set up to drive on the right hand side. Okinawans DROVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD, NOT THE LEFT LIKE THE REST OF JAPAN!! Thats why there were LHD vehicles made specifically for the Okinawan market. Think of buses. Pretty tough to walk out in the middle of the street to get in bus that had the entrance on the wrong side.:stupid:

Okinawa reverted back to Japan in 1972 or 1973. I came to Okinawa in 1975 as a kid. Everybody was still on the right side of the road then. I kind of remember the day everyone switched over to the left side. Believe it was in 1977.