IGNORED

Which Watanabe's to look for

lvmy240z

• 2 weeks later...

I personally REALLY like the R series. What makes them different from the A or B is a deeper lip.

enndou8.jpg

Thoes are R style 16-85 -6 offset in the front and 16-90 -13 offset in the back

R 15-85 -6 and R 15-95 -19 will also fit. On a ZG :(

Ofcourse they don't have any sizing for a plain-jane s30, only the 240ZG and s130

They suggest : R 14-80 -6 Fronts and R 14-85 -13 rears for a s130

DISCLAMER: Picture courtesy R.S. Watanabe ;)

Good info thanks - appreciated. I will try and attach a picture of mine which are not the correct offset but you can't be picky in New Zealand and especially when they only cost $100US for the set. One day I might be able to afford a better offset

Cheers

Glenn

post-1582-14150794500927_thumb.jpg

That is a really nice looking Z, and the wheels look great. What size and offset are your Wats Glenn? Welcome to the Watanabe club. It is a club for people who have vintage Japanese cars for their Watanabe's. Cain Fred said that awhile ago and I thought it was pretty cool.

Ben :)

Good club to be in! These wheels have been bolted to a 200sx and Mitsi Lancer GSR before they came to me. They are 15inch and I am running a 1 inch bolt on spacer from Modern Motorsports. Not sure what offset they are.

They were originally white and I had them sandblasted and powdercoated silver. I was impressed with how light they are.

I am running 195 tyres as I like the car to be nimble and have a nice progressive breakaway when punting hard!

I used to run heavy 14inch wheels with 205 tyres and the difference in feel is huge with the Watanabe wheels.

hey ben that lives in california, do you know the size and model of the 16"wats that are on the red ly powered car you have in your gallery?

thanks

Mr. Akamatsu's Ly powered S30 has 15 by 7j Type A wheels, which are made of magnesium. I am not sure of the offset as the rears are more negative than the fronts, but they are 15's, and he told me they were type A.