IGNORED

New Wheels for my 240K

kyteler

Due to being asked to do so. :P I've decided to post a couple of pictures of my car with the new wheels I got for her.

Now, I know... :( I was using RS-Watanabe wheels but the offset on them was such that I had to use spacers for the front and although I had absolutely no trouble with them over the several months they were on the car, it was always something that made me a little nervous, thusly I was on the look-out for wheels that I could use until I come across more suitable RS-Watanabes.

The pictures I've attached are the only real ones that I have at the moment and don't show them off too well, unfortunately the weather has been a bit shocking so I'll have to take some more when it's a bit sunnier, which shouldn't be too far off.

They're SSR Long Champ Wheels, 15x6.5 and came w/ tyres 195/65R15's for $300NZD (about $200USD) however, they had their centre's painted black and needed a good clean up and sanding back as some moron had used an angle grinder or some such :finger: and then painted the black over the top so there were some serious scratches to remove. I've included a Before & After (or After & Before :D ) picture.

post-4758-14150794305612_thumb.jpg

post-4758-14150794306095_thumb.jpg

post-4758-14150794306515_thumb.jpg

post-4758-14150794306939_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, I also thinks she looks pretty fantastic.

Ben; I simply wasn't willing to replace the RS-Watanabes with anything other than a Japanese replacement and both the polished and chrome look of the Long Champ suits my car very well, so, as you can imagine I'm more than happy with the change... ...for the time being ;)

Victor; I was pretty stoked with the price, to be honest the guy really didn't know what they were, and they truly looked quite ragged with the black centre's... but hey, if you want to pay me $850USD for them, I'm sure I can put the Watanabe's back on for a while :D;)LOL Alternatively, there's some RS-Watanabe's sitting in my room right now as I type. I should stop being cruel now, I really wouldn't sell either... ...for the time being LOL

It seems that 2nd hand SSR rims are always very cheap over here in NZ as people don't know what they are. I scored my 3pc Formula Mesh 15x7 WITH 4 new 195/50 directional tires for $900 NZD a few months back. Then I saw they for sale with out tires for around $2800 NZD new! Crazy I tell you!

Thats it, its now official, the next set of deep dish japanese wheels that would suit a Z and dont go on your brothers one are being mailed straigt to me:).

Chris

You're probably not too interested but I could get my hands on a set of 14x6 RS Watanabe's more positive offset (ie. currently sitting on GTi-R Pulsar) for $450NZD, they're the 2-piece, painted gunmetal centres/spokes with chrome/polished rim.

I had the same ones before and I got 'em for $120 2 only it was off a Silvia S13 deep dish look, but couldnt find another pair so I sold it. Then after a few weeks I saw another pair selling cheap as well, so Im like kicking myself at the time.