Brake booster seal? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brake booster seal?

Featured Replies

I am putting my engine bay back together and was wondering if someone could help me out? When I removed the breake servo (booster) before the restoration, it had a silicone seal that the previous owner had put on the firewall were it meets the booster. My question is do I need to apply a silicone seal or any type of seal to the backing of the booster were it meets the firewall when I reinstall it?

Thanks

Saro Fagerian

Yes, but its only to keep water out from behind the booster to stop it from leaking in to the drivers floor and prevent rust.

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.