Interesting sunroof - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interesting sunroof

Featured Replies

I stopped at one of the salvage yards nearby today to scrounge up Z parts (and a few for my Chevy convertible....). While my search for parts didn't yield any new treasures, I saw an interesting sunroof on a 280Z. It doesn't appear to be functional any longer, looks like someone tried to seal up the edges on the outside, and I'm guessing that it probably had some kind of trim around the perimeter.

A view from the interior shows what appears to be a soft vinyl "panel" that could be unlatched and slid back to open up the sunroof. Who knows, maybe it originally had a piece of glass on the exterior...anyone ever see anything like this?

Kenny P.

post-6323-1415079414369_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150794144251_thumb.jpg

the guy on the show Trucks! on spike put one just like that in some chevy truck iirc, saw the episode a few months ago.

Looks like a webasto sunroof, they are all fabric/vinyl and kind of accordian fold back when opened. If my car had to have a sunroof I could live with this style.

Looks like a webasto sunroof, they are all fabric/vinyl and kind of accordian fold back when opened. If my car had to have a sunroof I could live with this style.

VolksWagon RagTop Style. Seems to be no more Devous. :angry:

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.