IGNORED

Dash Care and Vinyl Seat Care

dga

Recently bought a low mi 77 280Z with original, non cracked dash. It has a clean butterscotch interior with non split vinyl basketweave seats.

What is the best way to care for these two sensitive ares? What products should I use to clean and replace the 'juices' so they don't dry out???

I use a dash cover. Don't have a source - one of my sons gave it to me. Held in place with velcro strips. My seats were garbage when I got the car, so I don't have an answer how to keep them "new".

I have a friend that swears by (BY, not AT) Lemon Pledge furniture polish for his vinyl dash. Must be the lemon oil???

JIM DOZIER

DO NOT USE ARMOR ALL!!!

In my experience and others who have also had the same experience, that stuff is worse than heroin for your dash. It causes you to have to give it a fix on decreasing intervals with diminishing results.

The stuff I used to advocate strongly was sadly, removed due to lack of sales. I can understand why, it didn't require re-application on a weekly basis and it lasted for months! That was Clear Guard by Turtle Wax. I wrote them and they said that slow sales were the reason for it's discontinuation.

They recommend a Formula 2001 Clear Protectant, which I haven't tried and not familiar with.

But just don't use Armor All, I KNOW that stuff is some nasty sh!t, and you WILL regret it.