IGNORED

Wrong Skyline

SER240Z

From my understanding, talking with Chris in regards to this subject, the differences between GL & GT are not simply aesthetic such as the change of the shield badge.

The GT has a different intake manifold with slightly longer runners and devoid of any semblance of emission control nonsense, which would make sense. What's the easiest way to convince a controlling body that it's NOT a GT anymore? Slap a bunch of emissions nonsense on it and change the badge.

I'm sure there's more to it as well, I only wish we (we being Oceania) got all the varying JDM models, I'd love a wagon :)

Chris told me that too - so I made sure to check out the engine bays of the cars in the magazines. In the March 1973 Wheels you can see a good picture of the engine, and the intake manifold does look a bit different... it is important to note that whatever they did, it didn't affect the output HP rating at all.

• 2 weeks later...

The site is not working at the moment. Possible bandwidth over limit?

Nice KGC10 pic , thanks! Please post a few more of the fastback in your avatar :knockedou

Cheers,

Jim.

Ok,got the message from the other thread, try again in 24hrs :(