IGNORED

I've found RUST!

MDyer

I've found one rust spot on my entire vehicle; inside the right front headlight "bucket(?)". It's viewable when the hood is open. Is this part of the bucket, or an "interior" wall that is isoloated from the bucket? When I tap on the bucket from the outside, it sounds solid. Can I take a Dremel and grind it out/paint it/and be done with it?

Mike, I'm not sure where you mean. The only part of the headlight bucket I can think of that is seen when the hood is open would be the flange that it bolts to the inner fender. Got a pic?? If it's not in the flange where the mounting bolts are it would be likely on the inner fender (where the hood hinges are mounted). The headlight bucket deosn't have but 2 flanges, one where it mounts to the fender, and one where it bolts under the hood in front of the radiator support. If it's not there it's either the inner fender or the front of the fender where the headlight unit itself is mounted.

Get yourself some rust killer.NAPA has it .They call it EXTEND.It looks like milk going on.It changes the chemical composition of the rust.It drys black.On extreme rust it drys a deep purple.You can paint over or leave it.It will never rust there again. Have fun!! Daniel

Besides Extend, you could use POR-15, or Eastwoods has a couple products you could use. I think about all you have to do is remove the loose rust scaling before you apply it. Either by wire brush, sandpaper, Scotchbrite pads or however is easier in the area you are working on.