IGNORED

why nobody likes sunroofs?

Nissan made a clay prototype of a roadster as well as a targa prior to production. Go check your Brian Long books. Page 46. You will also see a picture of Matsuo and the boys standing around seven clays used in the design process.

There were a number of pace cars built especially for Ontario Motor Speedway that where sun roof cars. Go check that story out on IZCC. Those cars should also have some peculiar welding on the body - like tubes to hold flags and suspension mods. When you look at an early ( '70, '71 ) sun roof car, check for other peculiar items and you may have an old pace car which would be fairly valuable restored - like $30,000 or so.

Most people say that cutting a hole in the top compromises the chassis structure, but that is easily resolved with shock tower braces or a roll bar fitted the way Nissan designed the roll bar.

I think a sun roof could be a nice addition and fit well. If I went to all that trouble, though, I wouldn't leave it out in the rain.

Billramsey2002, i boxed your dashcap and'll sent it outa here Tues.

the sunroof never being a factory option never seems to work right on anyones that I knew that had it , including myself , If I had a rust free one with a sun roof and a rusty one without I would replace the roof , before fixing rust but thats just a personal thing :geek:

I have a sunroof in my 260Z, couple of problems.. main one being it takes away almost 1inch of head room! I am 5'11" and just clear it with the no spacers under the seat, but when I put a helmet on it hits.. (this may vary of course with different models of sun roof..)

Other problem is heat, might be nice in a cool climate but I find that with the inadequate cooling in the Zed that on a hot day it is like driving a sauna !! I should add that it is the smoked glass tilt style type.

It is going as soon as I can afford a new roof...

Regards,

Peter