Intake/Exhaust Manifold Torque Specs - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Intake/Exhaust Manifold Torque Specs

Featured Replies

I just got done putting in my MSA Header and ZTherapy SU's and went to torque down the nuts & Bolts. I searched everywhere in the FSM and couldn't find the specified torque requirements:stupid: I checked the Haynes manual I have and it says 8 ft/lbs. Is it me or is that not very tight? What do you guys/gals have as far as torque specs?

David

My 260Z workshop manual has the following settings;

Carburettor Nuts 26 to 52 Ft.lb

Manifold Nuts 5.8 to 8.7 Ft.Lb

They dont have to be very tight. Its not like thay are holding the head together, or are under any great pressure. They just have to press the gasket to form a seal, and be tight enough so the parts dont move around.

Do them up too tight and you'll be pulling the studs out of the soft aluminium heads.

  • Author

Thanks all...I just thought I was losing my mind LOL If my digital camera wasn't on the blink:mad: I would have taken some pictures and posted them in my gallery. Maybe the after shots :classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.