IGNORED

could be 240Z outlet in japan

kats

Hi,

Today I want to think about this with all of you here,I do not know right word for this,let me exprain first.

I heard a story of "crashed or damaged 240Z in the export ship" during its way to the U.S.due to bad weather enroute,cars are jumping and dancing even it is tied down very very securely.Some cars are not suficiant to deliverly because exterior is so damaged,then what happen?The damaged car is sent back to japan!!It was happned in early 1970 I think.How about you?

So,there could be an un-official "240Z outlet".There is a story may proof this,my friend Dr.Suzuki said he got his rear spoiler at somewhere in japan for free.That spoiler is europ version,it was not easy to reach the man who worked at the department of "Nikuzure-hin"(Ni means usualy raggage,kuzure is fallen down,hin is parts or products) means "parts from damaged car to be scraped during export"

Some my japanese friend told me if sevier damaged, car was shipped back to japan,so there might be the rack of

So,there might be a rack of vin number sequence.I think this is not only for 240Z nor early 1970,this is same for every car and nowadays right?

I told you once I got rare "chrome Z" quater badge in japan.I could not understand why this very very rare export parts was selling in japan?Now I pictured this badge came from damaged 240Z in very early export ship,the car probably sent back to japan.It is very fun to think.

Is there any other story for this?

Thank you,

kats

Hi Kats,

That is an interesting theory. It does not sound practical, however. It would seem more likely that Nissan would make an insurance claim to recover the damages. In that case the insurance company would probably take possession of the car and have it scrapped over here. Shipping it back to Japan would be too costly for a car that would be parted out. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

I have heard a few stories over the years that I would like to get to the bottom of. Like whatever happened to the 3 240Z's that were shipped to Canada for cold weather testing? They would likely be VIN#'s between -009 and 015. One story had them sitting in a warehouse up there all these years. Wouldn't that be a thrill to find and buy those cars!

Another guy I met here in Chicago used to work at a ditribution depot where they unloaded Z's from railroad cars and put them on trucks for final delivery to dealers. He said alot of car were damaged in the process. As the story goes workers would routinely take home engines, trans and other parts off the wrecked cars. This guy claims to have gotten his whole 240Z that way, but I cannot confirm that as true.

Interesting stories, though nearly impossible to confirm.

Marty

Thank you Marty,

It is a convincing to hear the story from someone related the matter.

I feel good I can confirm that there were many damaged car, and some people picked up undamaged parts from crashed car,this is true.

About test cars,what I saw and heard is there were 2 240Zs and they were sent back to japan.Maybe I am talking different test cars from what Marty heard.

I will start a new thread of "test drive from Oct to Dec 1969"

kats

That story reminds me of another involving lost and wasted cars. I got ths from "high performance imports" magazene a while ago.

1994 HKS Zero R. HKS Japan, in 1994 bought 11(i think) Nissan Skyline R32 GT-Rs and put all of their best goodies of that time in them. They were claimed to have 400ps+ but that could be improved to about 700ps when the boost was turned up. All custom bodykit, mags(18") and interior. They cost 30,000,000 Yen in 1994. 3 were bought. The rest just sat outside the HKS factory collecting mold and rust. Apparently still there. (hope my facts are straight)

If you want the full story, and if i get enough requests, I'll scan the magazene topic and post it on my website(it'll be too big for the gallery.