IGNORED

Transmission reinstall methods

Excuse the drawing from Paint. Hope the drawing comes up in the post. This was my interpretation of his description. Could be wrong, but it worked. The three parallel 2x4s are 10" long. The two crosspieces are two and a half inches wide(so that I ended up with a space between them of five and a half inches so that the lowest part of the trans case would fit between them) by 10.5 inches long. The hole in the middle is whatever size bolt you're using to attach to your jack. I glued and screwed all the pieces of wood together. Then it boiled down to just wiggling off the tranny and balancing it on the cradle. Seems kind of iffy, but it worked very well for me doing it by myself. Victor.

cradle.bmp

man next time i get a jack adapter plate for the transmission i about broke my back lifting it while i was under the car from my side.

I really struggled I'm not a tall bloke or even that masculin well I'd like to be a bit more buffed. So i'd say hire one or buy a transmission jack I know i will next time.

Gav

PS: I also wanna buy truck stands to lift the car a bit higher off the ground I find the clearance from the normal stuff is pathetic.

Hey, pretty nice of you guys to name your z club in my honor. Nice site. Yeah, squirming around under the car trying to bench press a chestful of transmission up into a cramped little crevice is not fun, especially for an ailing old wimp like myself. Would love to have a nice four poster lift so I could zoom around underneath the car on one of those neat little stools with the wheels. Maybe the next life. Victor.