IGNORED

g72s20

Hi everyone,

Jim here, 48 year old married with 2 boys, confirmed Skyline NUT. I can't believe what I have found just in this forum! Now I don't own a 240K, but I have owned a few Prince and Nissan Skyline GT's.I expect most here will appreciate the connection to the 240K. As the cars went years ago, I still maintained a strong interest in the '65 to '73 era of the Skyline.

...and what do I find here? Princes, Z432's talk of PGC10's KPGC10's, KPGC110's....Fantastic!! What actually got me in was a recent thread on a conversion of a 240K to a GT-R clone, an idea I had that I now realise is not so original. Geez I never knew so many people outside Japan were aware of the historical GT-R's...S20 engine etc.

I've had to make do with 1/18 and 1/43 diecasts of the range, along with a LOT of various scale plastic kits.

For those interested I have a few '64-'66 Prince manuals, brochures etc with some Gloria , 4 cylinder and truck stuff as well, going back to 1959!

Some time in the near future I hope to own a vehicle of the '72-'73 range, GT-R clone or similar?!? I just have to see what pans out!

...Anyway, I'll chime in when I feel it's worthwhile, and feel free to say G'day !

Cheers,

Jim.

Welcome to the forum Jim. This is a 1st gen z site as well as a 240k/c110 place too. I love the 432, gtr, and other japanese nissan variants. There are quite a lot of threads about them, and there are a few members that have Fairlady Z's. I too have to be content with my 1/24 s20's and fujimi kits of the sorts.

Take care,

Ben:classic:

Hey thanks Ben! Yair.... I realise I've come in through the Z gate:D ....but to bastardize a phrase " Open the bonnets(hoods).....they're all sisters":devious:

V12 horse huh! My all time favorite shape is the '62 250 GTO. Not that far removed from the 240 Zed(OOPs Zee).

Isn't California the birthplace of the concept of the Z car, some renegade Nissan exec. who obviously knew his market?

I'll have to send you a scan of a brochure (it got that far!)of a local idea that got bzzzed by the beancounters just before the Datsun 240 Z was released here in OZ. Called the GTRX, by Holden (GM) 2 door Fibreglass body, hideaway headlights, 186 cu.in(just over 3 litres) motor, triple single throat sidedraught strombergs, lumpy cam, cast headers. Would have been interesting to see as it would have been in direct competition to the Z car.

What's the distinction between a 240 Z and a fairlady Z? A fairlady in the aussie market was a 4 cylinder datsun convertable sports car, the SR 311 from memory. I remember as a kid, when they were new, finding one that had been stolen and dumped over a scrubland ledge, no real damage.....and the cops just refused to believe me, "Couldn't possibly be a new car son, it's probably an old junker with the roof cut off!!"

Talk to you later,

Jim.

Welcome Jim!

It's awesome that you have found us here. The more the merrier. We've got quite a few Skyline fans here now along with the hundreds of Z fans from all over the globe.

The Fairlady Z was just the domestic market 240Z (In fact, all base-model Z's have been called simply "Fairlady Z" in Japan, even the new 350Z). It came with a L20 engine instead of the export L24, for emission/tax reasons. In Japan they had a lot of different variations and options aswell - much more than we ever got. Such models as the Z432 like you mentioned, 240Z and the king! The Z432-R. If only some of them made it down here......!

What a great story about the SP311! I remember just some time ago I saw a new Boxster smashed up backwards against a road sign one morning. That was a shock! A guy was fumbling round in the boot trying to steal the spare wheel... ROFL

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here, and good luck in your search! Are you willing to travel? With our keen members here I'm sure most of us will have a look around for you in our local areas if you get serious about buying a 240K...

Welcome to the board. Take your time. Get to know everyone. We are a great bunch.

I personally don't own any 240K's or skylines (Someday) but I've got 3 240Z cars.

We are probably able to answer any question on any Datsun/Nissan you have.

-Brandon