IGNORED

I am so pissed off....

threefittyzee

If my math is right, he is painting essentially 1/3 of the car anyway, and unless there is more bodywork to be done, $2200 seems a bit much for the rest of the car to have $200 worth of sealer, paint, and clear, that means that he expects to put an additional 40 hours or so into the car-hmmmmmm!

First off, I think you did well with a $2500 settlement. I don't think you could have gotten much more.

So with that in mind, here are two thoughts for you.

First, see about getting another estimate from a body shop that has a good reputation. Anyone? Then compare what you will be getting done. Unfortunately, finding a bodyshop that is willing to search out and procure new or refurbished parts for an older vehicle is going to be tough. But, that's what you want to do.

Now, as an aside, I note that the quote you have is going to replace all the parts on the right hand side. Are they all so shot that they can't be repaired? That's where you can start negotiating with the body shop you're currently working with.

Second thought, what about having the body shop repaint the WHOLE car as part of the fix. It may mean that you have to toss in another $1k or $1.5k on top of what you're currently quoted, but that way, your car would be all one color.

And as an afterthought, if you are mechanically inclined, you could do the repairs yourself, as long as you can get ahold of the parts.

Anyhow, good luck and keep us posted.

Enrique Scanlon

Thanks for all the advice fellas.

I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and let them fix her up the way they were gonna do it originally, and get my car back in a week or so!

I can't be without it much longer...I'm goin NUTS without her!

...and my 350Z needs a nice long rest in the garage!