IGNORED

Converting Interior (White to Black)

MDyer

I recently purchased a 77 280Z that came with a white/cream interior, that has since turned an unsightly yellowish-brown. I've located a local 78 with a perfect black interior (dash included). Will all of the components, including wheel well covers, fit in my 77? If so, I'm going to make an offer on the 78. Thanks!

All of the panels should fit without any problems. (Although all my knowledge is with 240's)

You also have the option of repainting your interior panels. I believe the best product is SEM. (someone else help me out with the product info) It may come out cheaper than buying an whole parts car, especially if your panels are in good shape other than being discolored.

I saw that....blew my mind to. And we both said pretty much the same thing.

Just wait, 2ManyZs will come on and be jealous that we beat him to it. Then he won't be able to up his number of posts some more! :D

Painting the panels is a good option. I did this myself (white to black) and it worked very well. Just make sure you clean the panels with a good detergent and then prep it with a vinyl/plastic spray on prep (available at any auto store). Be careful pulling out the panels, they will break easy.

Zlish

I used a vinyl spray to clean up the interior of my 72 240 and it worked very well. I used a product called Plasti Kote that can be found at Pep Boys. If your interior isn't cracked and falling apart it might be a good idea to try a good vinyl spray first, at the very least it will save you some money.