zreplacing Window Squeegees - Page 3 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

zreplacing Window Squeegees

Featured Replies

  • Author

I just got mine yoday.

I still think we need to find the correct replacement rubber. If you are restoring your car, you might not want a replacement that looks out of place by being in better condition than the rest of the car.

Too much new stuff would spoil the restoration.

Hey Tomohawk, where did you order these window squeegies from? I imagine this is why the bottoms of my doors are rusted out.

Thanks!!!!

  • Author

I ordered mine from VB; $50 ea.

I suppose you could go to the JY and measure the length of car doors, like the older GM sportscars, and assuming the squee-gees are the same profile, order for that model & put them on your Z.

i.e. , the PROFILE is the most important, but you might get away with splicing the length. Best to get a one piece unit that does the whole job, of course.

Originally posted by fooldall

Hate to seem like a stupid noob, but what is VB?

No need to feel that way. As Gunnerrob says, 'one can never be too informed.' VB stands for Victoria British Ltd. They sell 70-96 Z parts as well as parts for Mazda RX7s and British sports cars. www.VictoriaBritish.com

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Wow, they have a lot of good parts pretty cheap! The Body panels and moulding stuff is cheaper than I have seen it in other places on the web!

Nice, thanks for the link fellas!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Got some bad news, dudes....

I took my chrome pieces over to the car ( at body shop) and compared it to the ones on the car.

MUCH LONGER!

BUT, the body shop guys "said" it was normal, and that you need to remove the plastic filler plugs on the ends, trim to length, then replace the plugs.

I assumed they would be the same length, since you order them for each series car.

Still need to find out which aftermarket rubber will fit, tho.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.