IGNORED

Im new here

inmate

There is a pic of a 240z with an sr20dett in my gallery. I don't think there are many Z's around with that engine. The RB series swap is a lot more popular for the Z's, but again, there is not that many around. The 400sb would not be the cheapest way but there would be a lot of work going into mounting, and even then people have had problems. With triple webbers/mikunis on a tuned L28 I am sure you could get 300+ hp making your ride one kick a$$ Z.

I guess you could say that there would be more haters with a V8, but the L-series engine has a lot of potential for a lot of power. There are a ton of performance parts for these engines too. I do not know a whole lot about the performance parts for these engines as mine is dead stock, but there are many threads on this subject here. Take care and good luck finding a zed.

-Ben

First of all, welcome inmate! I like the interesting screen names that some of the members have and it makes me wish I has usesd something other that my name. If you are planning on doing all of those things to the car then it really doesn't matter if it's a 240, 260, or 280. There were 260 and 280 2+2's and you could probably find one for less than the cost of a 240 but please, no 4 cylinder engines!

Welcome.

If you are looking to punch plenty of power out via a V8 then you might be better off starting with a body shell that has more metal in it. The very first 240's were the lighest and then they got progressively heavier due to US laws. So the 280z will have more metal in it and it also has the larger diff that you might need to handle that big HP.

i was plannin to add a front splitter and a rear wing for mor downforce....that should help. about the diff, can you put a 280z rear end in a 240? what about a TT300zx reare diff? thanks for the reply.

FYI i was plannin 350-500 hp pn this! so any help would be nice

• 3 weeks later...

Nice cars. Have a look at some of mine. http://www.freewebs.com/rczbeat/editedcars.htm

That isnt all of my pics. I can send you some of the others if you want. Where is the comps you send in for? Because I recon I could have a chance.

I see you only kind of do what I used to do, just clone the bodykits. I have evolved (:stupid: ) to add new bodykits. My best one is probly the dark grey civic. It has Z headlights, Supra/custom front spoiler, veilside wing, 240zg arches, custom wide body and deepdish rims. It took me about 2hrs I think in total.

Great plan on the Z.

Cheer'z'

Chris

i do the bodykits too, when i have the right pic....good, high quality body kit pics are hard to come by....personally, the only chop that i liked was the civic....the others were good, but not my style.... Ive been tryin to find a good 240, 260, or 280 z car pic to chop....i have an idea....how about a Chop-off. Ill send u a pic.....we'll both chop it, turn it into lower quality to post and see what people think. just for fun and a lil healthy competition.....plus this could get us a name goin in this forum...so tell me if u wanna do this and give me ur email and ill mail u the fullsize pic. Its ur choice....if anyone else wants to enter..they are free to join we will figure out a deadline depending on who wants to join...u know what, i think all make a new topic....so look for it....