Bhp - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bhp

Featured Replies

So, back to my original statement. I still don't really know how it works. But whether it be in BHP, SAE Net, SAE Gross, KW or whatever, I do know more is better!

Originally posted by sblake01

So, back to my original statement. I still don't really know how it works. But whether it be in BHP, SAE Net, SAE Gross, KW or whatever, I do know more is better!

As long as you have the drivetrain and tires to get it to the road!

In an airplane....

How does the power from the engine get to the wheels??? ROFL

DYNOs: there are different types:; some power a pump filled with oil or water, some spin a really heavy flywheel, in r/c powerboats (gasoline) we use an airplane propeller! ( not for horespower, just to compare between runs, for carb tuning.)

for BHP, you try to stall the engine, like I said, in other types (pump) you measure the rpm& RPM to pump the water a certain amount. For the flywheel, you measure the time it takes to spin the flywheel to a certain RPM. I think this is the type you use with your car (rear wheel turning the drum/flywheel).

There might be other kinds of dynos.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.