IGNORED

Brakes

billcapp

I have been having a brake problem since I replaced the booster and the master cylinder.

When the brake pedal is depressed the brakes appear to start workink correctly then as the car slows the brakes no longer hold and the car continues moving with the same amount of pedal pressure the entire time. I have set the shaft length on the booster as required and checked the pedal freeplay and the rear adjustment. Once I had to pull the emergency brake to stop because the normal pedal pressure didn't work properly...it hits a hard spot as normal even though the freeplay seems excessive but further pressure on the pedal does nothing.

Billcap: I am not an expert on this system, but it sounds to me like you are not getting sufficient vacuum trough the master-vac to provide the "normal amount of power-assist" that the driver expects to feel.

One place to check is the little "one-way" valve that is in the hose that provides vacuum from the intake manifold to the master-vac unit. It may have been re-installed "backwards" so that it prevents vacuum from reaching the master-vac unit, thus preventing normal operation of the brakes. This may not be the problem on your car, but that is where I'd start looking.

------------------

Carl Stahlnecker

72 240Z "Bambikiller"

HLS30-55703 11/71

cstahlnecker@hotmail.com

bambikiller240@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...

I had already done this also...but no luck. I'm guessing the setting of the rod on the booster may be incorrect. Anyone have knowledge of this part?

[This message has been edited by billcapp (edited 07-02-2000).]