IGNORED

appliance wheel valve stems needed

ta240

I had 2 of my tires replaced at work today (at a Honda dealer) and when I was cleaning the wheels up to put them back on the car I found they messed with the valve stems and apparently destroyed the seals. These are the bent valve stems

Any source for new stems or at least new seals?

will something like this work?

MC Enterprises Tubeless Tire Angled Valve Stem 945 : Amazon.com : Automotive

or this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-vs403c

post-6558-14150823248878_thumb.jpg

Edited by ta240

No other stem works and still doesn't stick way out, trust me, I tried.

But the rubber seal where the Appliance stem clamps to the rim is very standard. Any tire shop should have them available. They use the same rubber grommets as most common chrome bolt-in stems.

No other stem works and still doesn't stick way out, trust me, I tried.

But the rubber seal where the Appliance stem clamps to the rim is very standard. Any tire shop should have them available. They use the same rubber grommets as most common chrome bolt-in stems.

Thanks! That's a weight off. I remembered reading something on here before about the stems being impossible to find so I was worried I was screwed. And after they specifically told the guy that they didn't need to do anything to the stems.

I still can't believe that they apparently tried to cut some type of custom seal for one and just left the outside part off the other one and thought it would work...