IGNORED

no idle screw?

Evilelvis

• 5 months later...

The non turbo has an adjustment like Nissanman posted. For '82 turbo z' you really need to read the manual as the turbo cars are totally different. The have an idle control circuit the senses the conditions and adjusts the idle accordingly. Much easier for you to read it than to have me try to explain it here. I noticed in one of your other posts that you have a couple of other incorrect notions about the ZX turbo engines (they don't have a cold start valve like the non turbo engines, for instance). Read the manual and you'll find the answers. Here's a link to the 1982 280ZX Factory Service Manual and one to the Turbo Suppliment.

Edited by sblake01

I FOUND IT LOL i took the throttle body off and found it. its under the spring mechanizism near the front bottom of the throttle body. mines an 82 and im pretty sure the motor is 82 or 83 it was a turbo swap so not sure which one but i found one for sure.

You probably found the throttle blade stop screw. That will change your idle speed, but that's not what it was designed for, and will probably cause other problems.

You should really read the FSM. You'll be much happier in the long run.

No wonder it's hard to find. Nice picture.

I was just thinking about rigging up something similar for those odd occasions when the AAR is closed, but the engine still needs a little extra bypass air to keep the idle up, certain cold days when you hit lots of stop signs or lights. It would work like a choke, with a knob in the cabin to turn to allow more throttle body bypass. It might also be a cheap or temporary fix for those who don't want to fork out $100 for a new AAR.