Areitzer's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Areitzer

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Areitzer

  1. Excellent. Very helpful. Thank you all!
  2. That's good info. That diagram is from the carpartsmanual.com under the Emissions Control Device section. I did get the FSM from this forum. It's so helpful. I just didnt realize the diagram you posted was the same part. $40 for the correct hose is perfectly reasonable to me! I'll do it Thanks yall!
  3. Hi yall! First post here. I've been trying not to ask too many questions and research on my own before begging for help, but I can't seem to find this answer. Other posts where close but not quite. I'm rebuilding a '72 240Z (Feb). The car wasn't running when I bought it, so I'm nervous to rely on previous owner's status quo. The smog system was removed and the two hose spots I highlighted in red are were empty when I got the car. Parts manual calls it a "hose pipe connector." If I keep it open like previous owner had it, does that have long term effects on the engine? Like can gunk find its way inside? Do I install a hose just to cover them? Or block off totally? Any advice yall gave offer would be appreciated. I want to increase my odds that the car will still be running 50 more years from now. Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.