lout207's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

lout207

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lout207

  1. Thanks I'll look into that. It may be that the aftermarket master is a problem, so I'm going to go to clean up my old OEM and see if it makes a difference. I don't remember making any changes when I put on the aftermarket master but that was a few years ago. Don't even remember why I changed it out. Maybe I've only had front brakes snice then and didn't know it. That's a scary thought!
  2. I'm in the process of upgradng to Disc brakes on the rear of my 1972 (Built 6/72) 240z. When trying to bleed the system, I have the pedal go down about half way and seems to hit something . Also not very much fluid flows out the caliper bleeders. I do get some fluid from both sides and did bleed the master. The calipers DO NOT move the pads!! NO REAR BRAKES! The pedal will NOT go the floor when I open the bleeder on a caliper or on the master for the rear section. I have an aftermarket Master cylinder installed at this time. I just bought a rebuild kit a master cylinder and will install it on my old original master. I noticed the "ORIGINAL HAS TWO "STOP SCREWS" but the new has only ONE STOP SCREW. Is this telling me anything. With the master removed the pedal moves all the way to the floor without any resistance. So I don't have any mechanical problem. ANY ideas of what to checkout?? I'm pretty mechanical (retired Mechanical Engineer and longtime backyard mechanic) Thanks, LOU
  3. Been a 240z owner since 1972. Original owner and I'm in the process of some upgrades and refurbishment. A lot of great info has always been available from the Classic Z club. I also have a 1976 Honda Goldwing, which I also bought new.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.