smashmaster's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

smashmaster

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smashmaster

  1. No, don't mess with it. Where did you say this free z was again? Seriously, Go for it. Early Z's are great cars to work on and learn from.
  2. I bought a zx with a "whale tail" on it from that website(according to the guy I bought the car from). He thought it was a replica of the zxR tail. It wasn't. The part itself was actually good quality. I was able to re-sell it on Craigslist for $250.
  3. The spoiler probably won't help the fume issue(I've been there). I had a rotten tail light gasket/seal on the driver side of a 240z and a brittle hatch seal on a 280zx that needed replacing to stop the "gas chamber" effect. Do everything you can to stave off the rust under the spoiler. I just bought a replacement hatch that had on of those aftermarket whale tails on it. They didn't do anything to treat the holes and it was BAD. Four 1/4 holes had turned into jaggid half dollar-sized ones. I like Loctite rust neutralizer then rust-oleum primer AND paint applied with a small brush or Qtip. I have also coated screws and rivets w/ roofing mastic(or silicone) before inserting into the hole. It will displace moisture and work as a sealant.
  4. Four threaded holes in the deck lid may have been for hatch window louvers.(?) IMO fill the holes/run no spoiler-keep the beautiful original lines.
  5. I have an early jack/tool set for sale on the site, It came with a basket-case '71 240 I bought. The sticker on the jack has a depiction of a sedan rather than a zcar. My question is what year did Nissan start issuing the jack(and tools) with the zcar depiction on it?:stupid:
  6. Cool! I mark time in my life by what car(s) I had at the time. Example: Last week a friend and I were trying to remember a girl's name we BOTH went out with 10 years ago-and couldn't....But I can tell you all about the four z's I bought,drove and sold that year. Kinda sad, but I are what I are.
  7. Sounds good. I'll be there. BTW: I like working on 'em as much as diving 'em....
  8. Austin is a great town. I have bought several Z's from people in and around the capital city.
  9. My dad would agree w/ you about kids and gray hair!
  10. Jim- Thanks for the welcome. Lets get together soon. John
  11. Hi Keith, I'm in the Preston Hollow neighborhood-just north of Love Field airport. (ex President GW is my neighbor) It's nice to be among fellow Zer's. -John
  12. I just wanted to say hi from(warm/sunny) Dallas. I posted a front valance and strut insulators for sale and sold them almost immediately! I have many great memories associated with Zcars. I have owned 43 total over the years. I currently own a '81.5 turbo 280zx(black and gold) w/ 60K original miles and a '71 240. Years ago I decided to get a '71 and rebuild it. I was born in 1971 and I wanted to be driving a 40y/o Z on my 40th birthday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.