De-smogging an L28 engine - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

De-smogging an L28 engine

Featured Replies

I think my 1978 L28 engine still has the EGR valve, according to the picture in the Haynes book. Does on the fuel-injected L28 engine need this? I could probably take it off, but it's supposed to be connected to a "vacuum switching valve"? I was thinking that I could block off the hole where the EGR valve was. Can I get some enlightenment?

thx.

At least there's no smog pump.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.