Electrical probs from Eric Bauer - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Electrical probs from Eric Bauer

Featured Replies

I was asked to post this for a member until he is able to set up web-software at home. Please reply to this message in the forums. Thanks. Here it is:

Hey Mike,

I need your help please.

Can I please ask you to post the followig dilemna of mine on the Help Me

section of the Forums while I try to find a version of IE5.5+ to download

for home use?

Last monday night while running errands I park the Z in a lot and go into a

store. I come out 15min later and headlights and brakelights suddenly do not

work anymore. I only had working sidemarkers, turn signals, and hazard

lights. Because of my work schedule I couldn't get to it Tues/Wed/Thur.

Friday I looked into it. Of course I had already checked the fuses and found

no problem there. First I swapped out the headlight switch for a known

working one - it made no difference. Then I switched out the entire fuse box

and that made no difference either.

What do I look at next?

-e

Your turnsignal/headlight hi-lo switch is suspect.The wiring diagram shows both head and brake lights go thru that.Let me know what you find. Have Fun!! Daniel

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.