Cable released hatch? - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cable released hatch?

Featured Replies

You can ck out my first prototype here

It needs some refinements, but works well

I know,

Why not just switch the position of the lock & the striker bar, like they have on car boots? That way it's already designed for remote release. :D

  • Author
I know,

Why not just switch the position of the lock & the striker bar, like they have on car boots? That way it's already designed for remote release. :D

hmm, maybe because that would be a little too difficult! Sure it is possible, so is a automatic hydraulic hatch lifter with xmas bells. But prolly a bit difficult too. The only reason I showed this was it is a SIMPLE way to have a remote hatch release. No it's not the best, yes it could be better, but hopefully someone can use the info I've given to improve on it.

I'm interested to see a solenoid type release. That would be the best option I'd reckon.

Luke

How are the ZX's set up? Is the lock cylinder in the rear panel instead of on the hatch? I've never really looked that closely at one!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.