IGNORED

Speakers in doors

Rattfink

Just thinking out the sound system and wondering how it works out having speakers in the doors.

We (the wife & I) have a 1972 240... mostly stock. Would hate to cut holes in (relatively) nice door panels just to find out that I hate 'em there. Planning on the rear speaker panel from MSA or custom building something similar that could also house a disc changer. It'd be nice to have four speakers :)

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,

'Fink

What about building small speaker boxes in place of the kick panels under the dash? Could easily be done with a little bit of plywood and you won't have to cut anything up. You might lose a little leg room but they shouldn't have to stick out too far, of course it all depends on the size speaker you choose. Just my thoughts.....

Hey 'Fink,While playing with my car last night I thought of something from years ago that my help you.I once crossed paths with a guy that had removed the factory "beam"(for lack of a word)that goes across the inside headliner and holds the overhead light.He made one a little larger and mounted 4 small,yet powerful speakers in it.The speakers were positioned so a L and R was behind each seat.Kinda like having the speakers in the headrest or headphones.It was made of lightweight paneling and covered in black vinyl.People thought it was factory.It sounded great and did no damage.It could be put back to factory.With the speakers in the rear, a load of weekend luggage will block the speakers.Not this way. Have fun Daniel